Monday, December 14, 2009

Journey of my student life and my Final Year Project

My student life has begun since I was born. Systemically, I started going to school when I was three years old. After four changes of kindergartens, I finally attended primary school at the age of 7 years old. It was an ordinary governmental school where majority of students and stuff was non-muslim.

At the age of 13 I continued my secondary and high school at an Islamic school in Bangkok, Thailand. It was an amazing time for me. Alhamdulillah, There I started wearing hijab, learning Arabic and religious courses.

After 6 years in the Islamic school I opted to further my university life in IIUM, Malaysia. Here, I am taking biomedical science. It is an interesting course for me. My favorite subjects are pathology, microbiology and clinical biochemistry. Currently, I am in my final year taking environmental health concentration. The more I learned, the more I do love and concern about our environment. During my previous semester I took a subject called basic environmental law. Though it was Malaysian law, I found it very interesting. I discovered that I actually love leaning about law too. In my opinion, environmental laws in Malaysia are stricter than in my place which is good actually.

In this final semester of mine I patiently focus on my Final Year Project (FYP) as well as my other courses. My final year project is under supervision of Mdm. Norazsida Ramli, a parasitology lecturer of IIUM. The project is entitled “Prevalence and risk factors of intestinal parasitic infection among students living in campus of IIUM, kuantan” the objective of this study is to screen for intestinal parasitic infections of students who live in Kuantan campus.

Questionnaire will be administered to every subject to determine the risk factors. Faecal samples will be collected to be identify for intestinal parasites. Number of positive cases will be calculated to get prevalence no. Related risk factors will be addressed. InshaAllah, I hope that this study will benefit IIUM students in term of their health conditions as well as the hygiene condition of food, drink and restroom of our campus.

2 comments:

cadd said...

Salam..
Thank you for sharing it with me..

Rima Jasmine said...

Good job Waleedah! Keep it up ya. All the BEST for your FYP. I'll pray for our success =)

THANK YOU for being such a GREAT friend to me!